Following a visit to the Himalayan Kingdom of Bhutan in 2008, I’m helping independent optometrist Andrew Griffiths raise money for prescription glasses and magnifiers for students at schools like the National Institute for the Visually Impaired in the remote eastern town of Khaling. We’ve also sent magnifiers and equipment to an eye hospital in Laos and we hope to do so again.
- Secretary, Desert Challenge Inc which raises funds for the Royal Flying Doctor Service by supporting crazy brave mountain bike riders to race across the Simpson Desert in central Australia 2008 – January 2018.
- Board Member (Deputy Chairperson), Arts Access SA Inc. 2007-2009
- Elected Member, District Council of Mount Pleasant (now part of the Barossa Council) and various committees 1995 -1997
- Member, Policy Council, South Australian Council of Social Service (and various committees) 1997 – 2003
- Ministerial appointment and Deputy Chair, Birdwood Schools Review 1998-2002
- Board Member, Adelaide Hills Regional Development Board 1995 – 1997
- Board Member, Adelaide Hills Regional Tourism Association 1995 – 1997
- Birdwood High School Governing Council 1994 – 2005
- In 1992 I cajoled a small team of people (RIP our good friend Edgar) into being on the committee which established the Torrens Valley Community Centre where I was the (volunteer and then paid) Coordinator for over 6 years.
- Founding Member – Mothers and Midwives Action (SA) – 1989… and before then – it’s almost too long ago to remember!